Defensive Line and Linebackers winners and losersPosted: February 27, 2012
Hey guys. Another day of the combine is done and it is time to let yall know who won and who lost. Take the jump and find out.
- Donta Hightower – Hightower put all concerns about his speed to rest running consecutive 4.62′s. That should solidify him as a 1st round guy.
- Luke Kuechly – Kuechly ran a very good 4.50 and 4.59 which should put to rest the concerns about his athleticism. If that was not enough, he had a 38″ vertical. He won’t make it past the Eagles.
- Kendall Reyes – Reyes followed up a strong Senior Bowl with a great combine. He is now a top 50 guy and a borderline 1st round prospect.
- Dontari Poe – Poe blew up the combine, weighing in at 346 and running a 4.87 and doing 44 reps on the bench press. He is a first round prospect and possible a top 20 guy.
- Bruce Irvin – Irvin ran a blistering 4.50 and showed that he could play either OLB or ILB. He is a 2nd to 3rd round prospect.
- Mychal Kendricks – Kendricks dominated the combine running a 4.41 and looking good in drills. He is a 2nd to 3rd round prospect now.
- Michael Brockers – Brockers bulked up to 322 and showed great strength. He can now be considered a 3-4 NT as well as a 4-3 DT which will help his stock.
- Mike Martin – Martin showed tremendous strength getting 36 reps in the bench press. He is a solid 3rd round prospect now.
- Vontaze Burfict – Burfict ran an embarassing 4.97 40 which was slower than Dontari Poe. He is now in the 6th round to undrafted phase.
- Courtney Upshaw – Upshaw weighed in pretty heavy and did not run the 40. He looked stiff in drills and could be considered strictly a 4-3 DE prospect.
- Devon Still – Still came into the combine a little underweight and “only” did 26 reps on the bench press. He was projected to be well over 30.