Well know I am focusing on the NFL Draft and today I am going to start releasing my second edition of player rankings for the draft. These rankings will be updated one more time after the NFL Combine. Today we will look at the QB position.
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford – Luck is the clear #1 player in the Draft this year and will be the #1 pick come April. He has great potential to be a star and will be a very good QB in the NFL.
2. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor – Griffin is a perfect fit for the West Coast offense due to his phenomenal accuracy. I see him as the perfect fit for the Cleveland Browns at #4 or the Washington Redskins at #6.
3. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M – Tannehill has tons of potential but had a poor season this year. However, due to the over-valuing of the QB position, he is a borderline 1st round pick.
4. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona – Foles had a decent season and with Barkley and Jones returning to school, he could end up being a first round pick. I think he is much better value in the 2nd round and with his upside, he is best served backing up an experienced QB for a couple years.
5. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State – Cousins has phenomenal accuracy and is a very smart player. He has an NFL arm and can make NFL reads. He will need some development but he should be a solid starter for a team. I see the Seahawks or Cardinals possibly nabbing him in round 2 or round 3.
After the jump, see the rest of my QB rankings.
Note: Even though it foucuses on the Pittsburgh Steelers, this is worth the read for Non-Steelers fans as well because it gives some insight into draft stock and some minor details on over 20 prospects (25 to be exact).
This is a draft piece focusing on key players of the Pittsburgh Steelers that will likely be retiring soon (within the next two years). I will first talk about the player who is retiring soon, then mention a possible 2012 replacement and a possible 2013 draft replacement. Or I will mention if the replacement is already possibly on the team.
Note: Make sure you have time to read all of it as it is a little over 2000 words.
Its good to be back and ready to blog again. I have gotten through the first two weeks of school and now things will quiet down for me. Over the next week to ten days, I will be updating my position rankings and then posting a top 150 players. Today I will post the QB’s.
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Luck is clearly the #1 player in the 2012 draft. He came into the season as the top rated prospect, and if the first four weeks are any indication, he will end the year their as well. He has been efficient and effective in the early stages of Stanford’s season and looks like an NFL QB.
2. Matt Barkley, QB, USC: Barkley has been very good so far this year and has clearly put himself ahead of Landry Jones. He has looked sharp on his short and intermediate passes and has connected on some long bombs as well. He will be a top five pick if he keeps playing this way.
3. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma: No knock on Jones that he has dropped to No. 3. He has been very good so far this year but Barkley and Luck have been better. Jones still looks like a top ten to top 15 pick and could be even higher if he has a good finish to the year. He still has a shot at being the second QB taken but he is facing an uphill battle.
Click read more to see the rest of the top QBs.