Yesterday’s draft was pretty boring and lacked a lot of movement early but boy did the middle of the first round start seeing a run of trades. Follow the jump to see all of the outstanding 2011 NBA Draft Trades.
This will cover picks 17 through 30. I have to leave after the Blazers pick. I will have a writeup out tomorrow analyzing the Knicks draft and the rest of the NBA draft.
Trade Rumor: The Rockets and Wolves have agreed to trade J Flynn and Montiejunas to Houston for Brad Miller, 23rd pick and future 1sst, source says
Update #5 – The Blazers selects Nolan Smith from Duke. Kind of surprising but he gives the Blazers another scorer off the bench.
Update #4 – The Timberwolves select Donatas Motiejunas from Lithuania – David Kahn is trying to load up on 5 PF’s and 5 PG’s to make his team up.
Update #3 – The Charlotte Bobcats select Tobias Harris for the Milwaukee Bucks. Pretty good pick though I had him going a little later. I would have taken Jordan Hamilton.
Update #2: The Washington Wizards select Chris Singleton with their second pick. They got much better in this draft.
Trade Rumor #2: The Pacers will also send the 42nd pick in this draft to the Spurs as part of the package to get George Hill, source says.
Update #1: Your New York Knicks select Iman Shumpert, the dual PG/SG from Georgia Tech. I love this pick as it will give us defense and versatility off the bench.
Trade Rumor: The Spurs will send George Hill to the Pacers as part of the package, source says.
After the 16th pick, I am going to make a new post
Trade Rumor: Spurs will send George Hill as part of a package to the Pacers for Leonard.
Update #16 (9:0 PM) Philadelphia selects Nikola Vucevic – I hate you Philadelphia. My favorite Knicks target is gone. New thread boys.
Update #15 (9:00 PM) Indiana selects Kawhi Leonard – My #1 Knicks target at this point is gone. What a steal for the Pacers.
Update #14 (8:54 PM) Houston selects Marcus Morris of Kansas – Twins back to back. Good pick as well.
Update #13 (8:46 PM) Phoenix selects Markeiff Morris from Kansas – Another Knicks target gone.
Update #12 (8:40 PM) Utah selects Alec Burks with their 2nd first round pick. – there goes another of my favorite Knicks targets.
Update #11 (8:34 PM) Golden State selects Klay Thompson – no surprise here. I mocked this last week and now let the Monta Ellis trade rumors begin.
Update #10 (8:28 PM) Milwaukee selects Jimmer Fredette for the Sacramento Kings (via the trade reported earlier) – Fredette and Evans in the backcourt is going to be a scary combination.
Update #9 (8:23 PM) Charlotte Bobcats select Kemba Walker – God damn you Michael Jordan go to hell. There goes my dreams for the Knicks to get Kemba. Read the rest of this entry »
Here are some predictions of mine for the NBA Draft.
- Enes Kanter will go #2 overall to the Timberwolves: Even though I have Derrick Williams mocked there, I think the Wolves are going to avoid the Michael Beasly type player in Williams and go after a true center to pair with Kevin Love to give them a very talented front court.
- The Cavs will trade the #4 pick: With Kanter off the board and the Europeans being to much of a risk, the Cavs will trade the 4th pick in the draft for a mid 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick, since that draft will be loaded.
- Six (6) teams will buy first round picks. That number is slightly higher than normal but with a ton of picks being available from 18 to 30, I think a lot of contenders are going to be looking to get back into the 1st round.
- Seven (7) Europeans will be selected in the first round. Kanter, Valanciunas, Vesley, Biyombo, Motiejunas, Bertans, and Mirotic.
- The first five picks in order will be Irving, Kanter, Knight, Thompson, and Leonard.
- The biggest bust in this draft will be Bismack Biyombo. He lacks any offensive game and is not that good of a defender. He is a shot blocker that gives away post position to often
- The biggest steal in this draft will be Alec Burks if he goes after 15. If he goes before 15 the biggest steal will be Iman Shumpert.
- Tony Parker, Andre Igoudala, and Lamar Odom will all be finding new homes after tomorrow’s draft.
- The Heat, Knicks, Cavs, Celtics, Lakers, and Suns will be the teams to buy first round picks.
That is all I got. Get ready for the NBA Draft, which is at 7PM tomorrow on ESPN. Friday and Monday I will recap the NBA Draft and then we will be back to football.
We are know 24 hours away from the start of the 2011 NBA draft and some rumors are starting to come out. The biggest rumor is that the Spurs are shopping Tony Parker to the Toronto Raptors for the 5th pick in the draft. The Raptors would use their trade exception acquired in the Chris Bosh to Miami trade. The Spurs are also talking to the Kings about the same trade for the 7th pick. Another big rumor is that the Knicks are possibly going to move Toney Douglas and the 17th pick for Omri Caspi of the Kings. I doubt that one happens as Donnie Walsh will be reluctant to give up one of their biggest trade pieces if they tried to get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. A rumor starting to gain some movement is that the Timberwolves would be willing to move the 2nd pick in the draft for Pau Gasol if Derrick Williams is picked 1st overall. They might also move it even if Derrick Williams is available. Some other rumors are that Andre Igoudala is available for a mid lottery pick. The picks I think that are available for cash are the 18th, 19th, 20th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 28th or 30th, and 29th. Teams that are interested in buying another 1st round pick are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, and Miami Heat. If I had to take a guess at when the 1st trade happens, I would say it is Tony Parker for the 5th pick in the draft.