Today we will take a look at the 75 best players in the 2012 draft class Read the rest of this entry »
This is just a quick post that will let you know what some other writers are saying about the NFL Draft for 2012. I will post these when I don’t have enough time to write a detailed post or I want to give you guys something else to look at.
Editors Note: The posts will only be coming out about once per day from Monday through Friday for the next two weeks. I have final exams in school so I need to focus on them. Throughout the summer they will come out about once a day as well. The posts won’t pick up in pace until next September. If someone wants to help me publish posts, the site can continue to post two to four posts per day. If not, look for one post a day from around 3 PM to 7PM.
This post is the first of a couple posts I will make looking at certain teams potential 2012 draft needs. Obviously these will be updated throughout the season when needs become more clear.
- Barkley is one of the best underclassmen in the 2012 draft class. He has the potential to be a top 5 pick and should lead USC to a very strong season.
- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 220
- Class: Junior (as of 2011-2012 season)
NFL Player Comparison
- Colt McCoy but better: He compares to Colt in a couple of ways. Those are: accuracy, decision making, mobility, and touch. However, he is better than McCoy because he has higher arm strength.
Follow the jump to see the complete profile
- Quinton Coples is one of the elite defensive prospects in the 2012 draft. He combines a great rush on the outside with great run support and athleticism.
- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
- Height: 6’6″
- Weight: 255
- Class: Senior (for the 2011-2012 season)
NFL Player Comparison
- Carlos Dunlap: Like Dunlap, Coples is an undersized 4-3 DE with great speed and athleticism. He is probably going to be a better pass rusher than Dunlap in the future.
Follow the jump to see the rest of the Scouting Report.
I was looking at the site stats and I noticed that you guys were not taking advantage of that calender. That calender will tell you exactly when each day you need to look to see new posts.
The schedule is off a little bit. Tomorrow (Tuesday), I will post the following:
Quinton Coples Scouting Report
Matt Barkley Scouting Report
Donte Paige-Moss Scouting Report (maybe)
After tomorrow, I will try and go back to following the schedule. Again, I need to add another writer or two so if you are interested in writing, email me at steelersrule125(at)gmail.com