11th to 20th Defensive ProspectsPosted: May 18, 2011
Earlier in the week I began this series by looking at the top 10 defensive prospects. Today, I will look at the 11th to 20th defensive prospects for 2012.
11. Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska: Dennard has the intangibles to be better than Prince Amukamara and with a strong season, he should move up this list. I would say there is a 98% chance that he will be a first round pick.
Take the jump to see 12 to 20.
12. Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama: Hightower is a thumper that only fits into a 3-4 Defense but somebody will take a shot at him early in the 2012 draft.
13. Kenny Tate, FS, Maryland: Tate is an absolute beast. He has great speed, athleticism, and knows where to be. He should end up higher on this list with a big season.
14. Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State: Bolden would have been in the top seven of this list but he suffered a torn ACL that could keep him out most of 2012. If he has a good combine/pro day he should be picked in the first round.
17. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson: Branch is a great pass rusher that is equal to Da’Quan Bowers. He also does not have injury concerns. A good season should make him soar up this list.
18. Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama: Upshaw has positional versatility. He can play DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4. He should be a first to second round pick in the 2012 draft.
19. Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina: Brown completes the Tar Heels trio of dangerous pass rushers. Brown fits best into a 4-3 as an OLB. He can probably also play 3-4 OLB.
20. Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina: Taylor is a great pass rusher that will probably have to move from DE in college to 3-4 OLB in the NFL.