21st to 30th Defensive ProspectsPosted: May 19, 2011
Earlier in the week I looked at the first to 10th and 11th to 20th defensive prospects in the 2012 draft. Today, I will look at the 21st to 30th prospects.
21. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama: Barron will compete with Ray Ray for the No. 1 SS in the draft. Right now, Ray Ray is ahead of him but Barron will still go in the first or second round.
Follow the jump to see 22 through 30.
22. Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska: Crick will be one of the best five-technique DE’s in the class of 2012. He can also play the 3-tech in a 4-3.
23. Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington: Ta’amu is a huge NT that is not a threat rushing the passer. He is probably only a two down player but he will be able to make a huge impact on those two downs.
24. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall: Curry is a beast pass rusher that will excel at 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.
25. Terrell Manning, OLB, North Carolina State: Manning is one of the better 4-3 OLB prospects in the 2012 draft. He does not have versatility which drops him down the list.
26. T.J. McDonald, FS, USC: McDonald has great instincts and can make all the plays. He has decent ball skills.
27. Chris Galippo, ILB, USC: Galippo makes so many tackles and gets after the QB well for an ILB. He could end up much higher on this list with another good season.
28. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: Trufant is the brother of Marcus Trufant. Desmond is under-sized but can make all the plays and tackles very well.
29. Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama: Murhpy is a little smaller than Ta’amu but he rushes the passer much better.
30. Tydreke Powell, DE/DT, North Carolina: Powell is a great five-technique prospect that can also play the 3-tech. Crick and Powell will battle it out for the first round pick as I think only one of them will go in round one.