41st to 50th defensive prospectsPosted: May 23, 2011
Over the past week, I have looked at the top 40 defensive prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft. Today, I will look at the 41st to 50th.
41. Nico Johnson, OLB, Alabama: Johnson is one of many Alabama LB’s that will be picked early in the draft next year.
42. Tank Carder, OLB, TCU: Carder will likely finish the season much higher on this board. Ideal fit at 4-3 OLB.
43. Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma: Travis Lewis will likely have another great season and end up in the top 25 of this board.
Follow the jump to see 44 through 50.
44. Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU: Claiborne has tons of potential and could end up being in the upper echelon of CB’s.
45. Sean Spence, OLB, Miami: Spence has limited potential but he has a very high floor.
46. Jacquies Smith, OLB, Missouri: Smith is on the same level athletically as Aldon Smith was. However, he is even more raw than Aldon was.
47. Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State: Bradham can also play ILB and his versatility will likely cause him to be over-drafted.
48. Greg Reid, CB, Florida State: Reid has great ball skills but is slightly undersized.
49. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia: Boykin has a ton of potential and is one of my favorite sleepers in the 2012 draft.
50. Sean Cattouse, SS, California: Cattouse is a huge hitter that needs to improve his decision making.