Updated Position Rankings – DE’sPosted: October 3, 2011
Last week we began to update the position rankings and finished through the offensive side of the ball. This week, the goal is to finish the defensive side of the ball and then move onto player profiles next week.
1. Donte Paige-Moss, DE, North Carolina: Moss started the season behind Coples in my rankings but after dominating the early portion of the season and Coples struggling mightily, I now have Moss just ahead of Coples.
2. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina: Coples is still a very good prospect and could regain top 10 status with a strong finish.
3. Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State: Jenkins is a beastly pass rusher and should fit in well as a 4-3 DE in the NFL. He needs to improve as a run stopper to be an every down player.
Follow the jump to see the rest of the Defensive Ends
4. Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina: Taylor is a complete DE that has seen his stock rise since the season started. He could elevate himself to first round status if he keeps playing this way.
5. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall: Curry is an elite pass rusher playing at a smaller school. By the end of the year and the NFL Combine, he could be considered a top 15 pick, kind of like Aldon Smith from last year.
6. Bruce Irvin, DE, West Virginia
7. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
8. Nick Perry, DE, USC
9. Jacquies Smith, DE, Missouri
10. Vince Browne, DE, Northwestern
11. Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
12. Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina