2012 NFL Draft Player Rankings – QuarterbacksPosted: January 9, 2012
Well know I am focusing on the NFL Draft and today I am going to start releasing my second edition of player rankings for the draft. These rankings will be updated one more time after the NFL Combine. Today we will look at the QB position.
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford – Luck is the clear #1 player in the Draft this year and will be the #1 pick come April. He has great potential to be a star and will be a very good QB in the NFL.
2. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor – Griffin is a perfect fit for the West Coast offense due to his phenomenal accuracy. I see him as the perfect fit for the Cleveland Browns at #4 or the Washington Redskins at #6.
3. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M – Tannehill has tons of potential but had a poor season this year. However, due to the over-valuing of the QB position, he is a borderline 1st round pick.
4. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona – Foles had a decent season and with Barkley and Jones returning to school, he could end up being a first round pick. I think he is much better value in the 2nd round and with his upside, he is best served backing up an experienced QB for a couple years.
5. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State – Cousins has phenomenal accuracy and is a very smart player. He has an NFL arm and can make NFL reads. He will need some development but he should be a solid starter for a team. I see the Seahawks or Cardinals possibly nabbing him in round 2 or round 3.
After the jump, see the rest of my QB rankings.
6. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
7. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
8. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
9. Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
10. Case Keenum, QB, Houston
11. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
12. Austin Davis, QB, Southern Mississippi
13. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
14. Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois
15. Dominique Davis, QB, East Carolina