Updating the 2012 Draft Class by Position – Running BacksPosted: January 11, 2012
Hey guys. Today I am going to rank the RBs in order. I will rank about 20 to 25 backs. See the first five below the jump and all the rest after the jump.
1. Trent Richardson, Alabama – Richardson is the best RB in this class and its not all that close. He possesses the combination of power, speed, and vision that NFL Coaches dream of and he could be a top 10 pick if a team decides they want a star RB.
2. Lamar Miller, Miami – Miller is a fantastic talent coming off a fantastic year. He has great explosiveness and vision and he takes care of the football. He is a borderline first round prospect at this point.
3. David Wilson, Virginia Tech – Wilson has great cutting ability and great vision and combines that with good power. His top end speed is not elite but he should be a 2nd to 3rd round pick.
4. Chris Polk, Washington – Polk is a do it all back with great hands, good blocking skills, and good vision/speed. He should be a 3rd to 4th round pick.
5. Bernard Pierce, Temple – Pierce is an everydown, power back with good cutting skills and great ball security. He lacks top end speed which could limit his draft stock. I see him as a fourth round pick.
6. LaMichael James, Oregon
7. Doug Martin, Boise State
8. Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M
9. Isaiah Pead, Cincinatti
10. Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
11. Christine Michael, Texas A&M
12. Edwin Baker, Michigan State
13. Chris Rainey, Florida
14. Tauren Poole, Tennessee
15. Dan Herron, Ohio State
16. Bobby Rainey, Western Kentucky
17. Andre Ellington, Clemson
18. Mark Tyler, USC
19. Lance Dunbar, North Texas
20. Jeff Demps, Florida