Ranking the 2012 Draft Prospects by Position – Nose TacklesPosted: January 25, 2012
Today I will continue to roll out my player rankings. Today I will look at the interior DL, first with this post on Nose Tackles, and later in the day with a post looking at the 4-3 Defensive Tackles.
1. Dontari Poe, Memphis – Poe is the cream of the crop in this draft although he does have some flaws. He is extremely limited as a pass rusher but as far as stopping the run, he is very, very good. He should be a 1st to 2nd round pick.
2. Alameda Ta’amu, Washington – Ta’amu came into the year as the top NT but struggled a little bit. However, he still has great potential and is actually a pretty good pass rusher for his size. He should be a 2nd to 3rd round pick.
3. Josh Chapman, Alabama – Chapman had a solid year at Alabama, plugging up the middle in Alabama’s 3-4 defense. He has the tools to be a great 2 down NT. He should be a 2nd to 3rd round pick.
4. Hebron Fangupo, BYU – Fangupo has tons of potential but is very raw. However, with good coaching, he could become a stud in the NFL and is one of my favorite sleeper prospects in this draft. His stock is currently in the fifth to sixth round but I could see him going in the fourth round.
5. Delvin Johnson, Marshall – Johnson is a good late round NT with potential to be a rotational NT. I see a team taking him in the sixth or seventh round and using him as a rotational guy. He is probably the best pass rushing NT in this draft and I think he could make a roster.