Initial 2013 NFL Draft Player Rankings – QuarterbacksPosted: April 29, 2012
I decided to start these today and skip a 2013 mock draft. I figured it would be best to give you guys information on the 2013 draft prospects first and then write a mock draft. Expect the 2012 NFL Draft grades to start rolling out tomorrow.
1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC – Matt Barkley would have been top five pick in the draft in 2012 so he definitely comes in as the front runner to be the #1 pick in the draft next year.
2. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas – Wilson has all the tools to become a great QB in the NFL. His arm strength is phenomenal and he makes good decisions with the ball. He could be a top 3 pick next year.
3. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee – Tyler Bray has all the tools but makes some dumb decisions. He needs to improve on those and he could be a top five pick.
See the rest of the quarterbacks after the jump
4. Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech – Thomas is an incredible athlete with great arm strength. The question now is, can he make the same jump that Cam Newton did and improve as a passer so he does not have to rely on athleticism alone. If he can, he could be the #1 pick in the draft next year.
5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia – Aaron Murray is a great QB prospect with good accuracy. He could be a first round pick next year and possibly a top 10 pick with another strong season.
6. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
7. E.J. Manual, QB, Florida State
8. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia