Yesterday’s draft was pretty boring and lacked a lot of movement early but boy did the middle of the first round start seeing a run of trades. Follow the jump to see all of the outstanding 2011 NBA Draft Trades.
After the 16th pick, I am going to make a new post
Trade Rumor: Spurs will send George Hill as part of a package to the Pacers for Leonard.
Update #16 (9:0 PM) Philadelphia selects Nikola Vucevic – I hate you Philadelphia. My favorite Knicks target is gone. New thread boys.
Update #15 (9:00 PM) Indiana selects Kawhi Leonard – My #1 Knicks target at this point is gone. What a steal for the Pacers.
Update #14 (8:54 PM) Houston selects Marcus Morris of Kansas – Twins back to back. Good pick as well.
Update #13 (8:46 PM) Phoenix selects Markeiff Morris from Kansas – Another Knicks target gone.
Update #12 (8:40 PM) Utah selects Alec Burks with their 2nd first round pick. – there goes another of my favorite Knicks targets.
Update #11 (8:34 PM) Golden State selects Klay Thompson – no surprise here. I mocked this last week and now let the Monta Ellis trade rumors begin.
Update #10 (8:28 PM) Milwaukee selects Jimmer Fredette for the Sacramento Kings (via the trade reported earlier) – Fredette and Evans in the backcourt is going to be a scary combination.
Update #9 (8:23 PM) Charlotte Bobcats select Kemba Walker – God damn you Michael Jordan go to hell. There goes my dreams for the Knicks to get Kemba. Read the rest of this entry »
Here are some predictions of mine for the NBA Draft.
- Enes Kanter will go #2 overall to the Timberwolves: Even though I have Derrick Williams mocked there, I think the Wolves are going to avoid the Michael Beasly type player in Williams and go after a true center to pair with Kevin Love to give them a very talented front court.
- The Cavs will trade the #4 pick: With Kanter off the board and the Europeans being to much of a risk, the Cavs will trade the 4th pick in the draft for a mid 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick, since that draft will be loaded.
- Six (6) teams will buy first round picks. That number is slightly higher than normal but with a ton of picks being available from 18 to 30, I think a lot of contenders are going to be looking to get back into the 1st round.
- Seven (7) Europeans will be selected in the first round. Kanter, Valanciunas, Vesley, Biyombo, Motiejunas, Bertans, and Mirotic.
- The first five picks in order will be Irving, Kanter, Knight, Thompson, and Leonard.
- The biggest bust in this draft will be Bismack Biyombo. He lacks any offensive game and is not that good of a defender. He is a shot blocker that gives away post position to often
- The biggest steal in this draft will be Alec Burks if he goes after 15. If he goes before 15 the biggest steal will be Iman Shumpert.
- Tony Parker, Andre Igoudala, and Lamar Odom will all be finding new homes after tomorrow’s draft.
- The Heat, Knicks, Cavs, Celtics, Lakers, and Suns will be the teams to buy first round picks.
That is all I got. Get ready for the NBA Draft, which is at 7PM tomorrow on ESPN. Friday and Monday I will recap the NBA Draft and then we will be back to football.