Don’t critisize my order. They are my opinions and they are really not that important in the long run. Focus on the players, not the order.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Matt Barkley, QB, USC
2. Miami Dolphins – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
3. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Today I will take a look at the offensive tackle position for the upcoming draft. The OT class took a hit when Barret Jones and D.J. Fluker of Alabama decided to return to school but it is still a very good class.
1. Matt Kalil, USC – Kalil is the best non-QB in the class and will likely be a top 3 pick.
2. Jonathan Martin, Stanford – Martin is a fantastic prospect that excels in all areas of the game and should be a top 10 pick.
3. Riley Reiff, Iowa – Reiff’s strength is as a run blocker but he is an above average pass blocker and should be a top 15 pick.
4. Mike Adams, Ohio State – Adams is a pure RT prospect and he is a very good one at that. With a good interview at the combine, he could be a late first round pick
5. Nate Potter, Boise State – Potter has the ability to play LT in the NFL and did a great job protecting Kellen Moore. He could be a good fit for a team with a lefty QB like the Eagles or Broncos due to the fact that he blocked for a lefty QB in college.
After the jump see the rest of the OT prospects
The Offensive tackle position is loaded with talent this year. Their are two elite LT prospects and plenty more good RT and LT prospects as well. I could see up to five first rounders right now.
1. Matt Kalil, OT, USC: Kalil is the best LT prospect to come along in a long time. He is the reason that Tyron Smith played RT last year and he has no flaws to his game. He should be a top five pick.
2. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford: Martin in a normal year would be the first tackle taken. He is the best pass blocker in this draft but his run blocking is behind Kalil’s by a wide margin. He should be a top 10 pick.
3. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa: Reiff looks like the best RT prospect in this draft. He is physical in the run game and above average in the passing game. He should be a first round pick.
4. Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG, Iowa State: Osemele is either a RT or a guard at the next level but he is a beast. He is incredible in the run game and is a very good pass blocker as well. He is right on Reiff’s heels and could pass him any week. He could be a top 15 pick when its all said and done.
5. Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State: Datko is a good pass blocker and an above average run blocker. Right now I have him rated as a second round prospect with a stock up arrow.
Follow the jump to see the rest of the OTs