Hey guys. Just wanted to continue to update some of the combine stuff.
Today was the day the combine really got going with the RB’s and WR’s both participating in 40′s and drills. I already covered the WR’s who impressed at the combine and now I will talk about the RBs who impressed and did not impress.
Hey guys. Today I am going to rank the RBs in order. I will rank about 20 to 25 backs. See the first five below the jump and all the rest after the jump.
1. Trent Richardson, Alabama – Richardson is the best RB in this class and its not all that close. He possesses the combination of power, speed, and vision that NFL Coaches dream of and he could be a top 10 pick if a team decides they want a star RB.
2. Lamar Miller, Miami – Miller is a fantastic talent coming off a fantastic year. He has great explosiveness and vision and he takes care of the football. He is a borderline first round prospect at this point.
3. David Wilson, Virginia Tech – Wilson has great cutting ability and great vision and combines that with good power. His top end speed is not elite but he should be a 2nd to 3rd round pick.
4. Chris Polk, Washington – Polk is a do it all back with great hands, good blocking skills, and good vision/speed. He should be a 3rd to 4th round pick.
5. Bernard Pierce, Temple – Pierce is an everydown, power back with good cutting skills and great ball security. He lacks top end speed which could limit his draft stock. I see him as a fourth round pick.