This will cover picks 17 through 30. I have to leave after the Blazers pick. I will have a writeup out tomorrow analyzing the Knicks draft and the rest of the NBA draft.
Trade Rumor: The Rockets and Wolves have agreed to trade J Flynn and Montiejunas to Houston for Brad Miller, 23rd pick and future 1sst, source says
Update #5 – The Blazers selects Nolan Smith from Duke. Kind of surprising but he gives the Blazers another scorer off the bench.
Update #4 – The Timberwolves select Donatas Motiejunas from Lithuania – David Kahn is trying to load up on 5 PF’s and 5 PG’s to make his team up.
Update #3 – The Charlotte Bobcats select Tobias Harris for the Milwaukee Bucks. Pretty good pick though I had him going a little later. I would have taken Jordan Hamilton.
Update #2: The Washington Wizards select Chris Singleton with their second pick. They got much better in this draft.
Trade Rumor #2: The Pacers will also send the 42nd pick in this draft to the Spurs as part of the package to get George Hill, source says.
Update #1: Your New York Knicks select Iman Shumpert, the dual PG/SG from Georgia Tech. I love this pick as it will give us defense and versatility off the bench.
Trade Rumor: The Spurs will send George Hill to the Pacers as part of the package, source says.
Here are some predictions of mine for the NBA Draft.
- Enes Kanter will go #2 overall to the Timberwolves: Even though I have Derrick Williams mocked there, I think the Wolves are going to avoid the Michael Beasly type player in Williams and go after a true center to pair with Kevin Love to give them a very talented front court.
- The Cavs will trade the #4 pick: With Kanter off the board and the Europeans being to much of a risk, the Cavs will trade the 4th pick in the draft for a mid 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick, since that draft will be loaded.
- Six (6) teams will buy first round picks. That number is slightly higher than normal but with a ton of picks being available from 18 to 30, I think a lot of contenders are going to be looking to get back into the 1st round.
- Seven (7) Europeans will be selected in the first round. Kanter, Valanciunas, Vesley, Biyombo, Motiejunas, Bertans, and Mirotic.
- The first five picks in order will be Irving, Kanter, Knight, Thompson, and Leonard.
- The biggest bust in this draft will be Bismack Biyombo. He lacks any offensive game and is not that good of a defender. He is a shot blocker that gives away post position to often
- The biggest steal in this draft will be Alec Burks if he goes after 15. If he goes before 15 the biggest steal will be Iman Shumpert.
- Tony Parker, Andre Igoudala, and Lamar Odom will all be finding new homes after tomorrow’s draft.
- The Heat, Knicks, Cavs, Celtics, Lakers, and Suns will be the teams to buy first round picks.
That is all I got. Get ready for the NBA Draft, which is at 7PM tomorrow on ESPN. Friday and Monday I will recap the NBA Draft and then we will be back to football.