This order is based on Walter Football’s mock draft. Focus more on the prospects and less on the order. I have indicated the player’s class at the end of each pick. That is what the player will be this season.
- Minnesota Vikings – Matt Barkley, QB, USC (SR)
- Cleveland Browns – Robert Woods, WR, USC (JR)
- Miami Dolphins – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (JR)
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Class: RS Junior
2011 Stats: 70 tackles, 13.5 sacks
Draft Projection: Top 5
Draft Grade (out of 100): 98.5
Player Comparison: James Harrison
Don’t critisize my order. They are my opinions and they are really not that important in the long run. Focus on the players, not the order.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Matt Barkley, QB, USC
2. Miami Dolphins – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
3. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
We are over 11 months away from the 2013 NFL Draft but there is already a group of prospects that are clear cut possibilities to be the number one pick. However, it is not like the 2012 Draft where Andrew Luck was always going to be the number one pick. After the jump, I will break down the possibilities for the #1 selection
This is not going to be your mock draft in a traditional sense. There will be no teams involved, moreso, it will just be a list of the top 32 players as of now in the draft class for next year. The reason for that is because we really have no way of knowing who will pick where for obvious reasons. Use this list as a sort of “players to watch” guide for college football next year.
As of know, next year’s draft class looks to be strong at a few positions. The class appears to be loaded with quarterbacks, wide receivers, nose tackles, and safety’s and above average at tackle, tight end, and cornerback. The classes weakness appears to be interior offensive line and 4-3 linebackers but obviously, this is all just projections right now and is subject to massive changes.
1. Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia – This will be the first time in a while that the #1 player is not a quarterback. Jarvis Jones had 13.5 sacks last year in the SEC and will look to build on that this year. He has the ability to be one of the best 3-4 outside linebackers in the NFL as soon as he gets drafted.
2. Matt Barkley, QB, USC – Barkley would have been a top five pick this year and he is the favorite to be the number one pick next year. He has all the tools (big arm, good accuracy, great vision, toughness, intelligence, etc.) to become a great quarterback and depending on who is drafting number one next year, he could be the number one pick.
3. Robert Woods, WR, USC – Robert Woods is not your biggest wide receiver (only around 6’1″) but all he does is produce. He has become Matt Barkley’s favorite target and with his speed and great hands, he could become a dominant force in the NFL. He will likely be destroyed during the Draft Process because of his height but whoever gets him next year will be very lucky.
See the rest of the top 32 after the jump