Hey guys. Today I am going to rank the RBs in order. I will rank about 20 to 25 backs. See the first five below the jump and all the rest after the jump.
1. Trent Richardson, Alabama – Richardson is the best RB in this class and its not all that close. He possesses the combination of power, speed, and vision that NFL Coaches dream of and he could be a top 10 pick if a team decides they want a star RB.
2. Lamar Miller, Miami – Miller is a fantastic talent coming off a fantastic year. He has great explosiveness and vision and he takes care of the football. He is a borderline first round prospect at this point.
3. David Wilson, Virginia Tech – Wilson has great cutting ability and great vision and combines that with good power. His top end speed is not elite but he should be a 2nd to 3rd round pick.
4. Chris Polk, Washington – Polk is a do it all back with great hands, good blocking skills, and good vision/speed. He should be a 3rd to 4th round pick.
5. Bernard Pierce, Temple – Pierce is an everydown, power back with good cutting skills and great ball security. He lacks top end speed which could limit his draft stock. I see him as a fourth round pick.
I posted the QB rankings yesterday. The Running back class for 2012 has a lot of question marks outside Trent Richardson but features a lot of runners that should contribute in the NFL.
1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: Richardson has been very good so far this year and is looking more and more like the next star RB in the NFL. He has all the tools to dominate the NFL and should be a top ten pick.
2. Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M: Gray has not been super impressive but he has done just enough to hold onto this spot. At the next rankings, he could be at No. 3 if he does not step up big the next few weeks.
3. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech: Wilson has been awesome so far this year. He has risen on tons of draft boards and could be a first round pick come April. I almost rated him as my No. 2 back.
See the rest after the jump.