Finally got a 2 Round Mock done. I sprinkled in a few trades but this is more conservative than my last. Enjoy.
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck QB, Stanford
Pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.
TRADE: St. Louis Rams trade #2 pick to Washington for their 1st, 2nd and conditional 2013 2nd round pick.
2. Washington Redskins (from Rams): Robert Griffin III QB, Baylor
This is one of the more predictable trades I can remember as Washington moves up to get RG3. The 2013 pick will become a 1st round pick if RG3 leads them to the playoffs.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil OT, USC
The Vikings couldn’t be happier to see someone trade up for RG3 because then it means they get Kalil. He fills a big need and will protect Christian Ponder for the next 10 years.
4. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State
I’m going on the record now, the worst thing the Browns could possibly do is to trade up for Robert Griffin. He will just be another talented young QB with no weapons to work with that will FAIL MISERABLY. Taking an elite receiver like Blackmon will actually give whoever their QB is a chance.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne CB, LSU
Tampa is in a good situation here since its unlikely any defensive players are taken in the top 4. Claiborne fills the biggest need for the Bucs and is the top talent available who’s not Trent Richardson.
Well I have gathered enough information to publish another mock draft. This one is of the two round variety. Anywhere you see a ? next to team needs, that means I still need help with those teams. Once I gather all that information, I can begin expanding the draft to 3 and 4 rounds.
1. Indianapolis (2-14) – Team Needs: QB, OG, OC, 2CB, WR, SS, TE, DE, LB, RB – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford – This is an absolute no brainer and no explanation is really needed.
2. St. Louis (2-14) – 2OT, 2WR, 2OLB, FS, CB, DT, OC, RB, FB – Matt Kalil, OT, USC – This pick is basically a no brainer. The Rams will consider Justin Blackmon but a franchise LT is more important and more valuable than a franchise WR.
3. Minnesota (3-13) – LT, CB, WR, S, OG, 2LB, DT, FB, RB3 – Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State – If Kalil is taken by the Rams, this pick will also be a no brainer. Blackmon is a beast and would give Jake Locker a franchise WR.
4. Cleveland (4-12) – QB, WR, RT, DE, CB, OLB, RB, OG, FS, DT, K – Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor – Again, another no brainer. If Blackmon is off the board, the Browns will have to take the 2nd best QB in the draft and someone that fits perfectly in Pat Shurmur’s West Coast offense. He has great accuracy, is very mobile, and has great intelligence.
5. Tampa Bay (4-12) – 2CB, 2LB, RT, WR, OC, RB, LG, FB, DT, QB, K – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU – Another easy pick. The Bucs biggest need is finding a CB and Claiborne is the best CB in the draft class and could be better in coverage than Patrick Peterson was in coverage.
After the jump see the rest of this mock draft
The Offensive tackle position is loaded with talent this year. Their are two elite LT prospects and plenty more good RT and LT prospects as well. I could see up to five first rounders right now.
1. Matt Kalil, OT, USC: Kalil is the best LT prospect to come along in a long time. He is the reason that Tyron Smith played RT last year and he has no flaws to his game. He should be a top five pick.
2. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford: Martin in a normal year would be the first tackle taken. He is the best pass blocker in this draft but his run blocking is behind Kalil’s by a wide margin. He should be a top 10 pick.
3. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa: Reiff looks like the best RT prospect in this draft. He is physical in the run game and above average in the passing game. He should be a first round pick.
4. Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG, Iowa State: Osemele is either a RT or a guard at the next level but he is a beast. He is incredible in the run game and is a very good pass blocker as well. He is right on Reiff’s heels and could pass him any week. He could be a top 15 pick when its all said and done.
5. Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State: Datko is a good pass blocker and an above average run blocker. Right now I have him rated as a second round prospect with a stock up arrow.
Follow the jump to see the rest of the OTs