I have done a few scouting reports now and have over 200 players on my big board and now I am going to rank the top teams in the nation next year simply by looking at their draft prospects.
1. Alabama - Top Draft Prospects: D.J. Fluker, Barrett Jones, Dee Milliner, Nico Johnson, C.J. Mosley, Jesse Williams, Robert Lester, Jarrick Williams, Michael Williams, Chance Warmack, Eddie Lacy, A.J. McCarron
- Alabama is loaded in the trenches with three early round offensive linemen and an early round defensive linemen. Johnson and Mosley give them two stud linebackers and the secondary is stacked with three possible early round picks. The offensive backfield is talented and young.
See the rest of the rankings after the jump
We are over 11 months away from the 2013 NFL Draft but there is already a group of prospects that are clear cut possibilities to be the number one pick. However, it is not like the 2012 Draft where Andrew Luck was always going to be the number one pick. After the jump, I will break down the possibilities for the #1 selection
I decided to start these today and skip a 2013 mock draft. I figured it would be best to give you guys information on the 2013 draft prospects first and then write a mock draft. Expect the 2012 NFL Draft grades to start rolling out tomorrow.
1. Matt Barkley, QB, USC – Matt Barkley would have been top five pick in the draft in 2012 so he definitely comes in as the front runner to be the #1 pick in the draft next year.
2. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas – Wilson has all the tools to become a great QB in the NFL. His arm strength is phenomenal and he makes good decisions with the ball. He could be a top 3 pick next year.
3. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee – Tyler Bray has all the tools but makes some dumb decisions. He needs to improve on those and he could be a top five pick.
See the rest of the quarterbacks after the jump
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I won’t be posting again until Monday. Today I planned on posting the LB rankings but when Greg Schiano left Rutgers, I was called in to help cover all the recruiting news that followed it. Tomorrow I have to study for the SAT’s and I never post on the weekend. Check back Monday for the rest of the player rankings.
Some repeat performers this week but an overall lack of impressive performances. Nobody wowed me except forAaron Rodgers.
Offensive Stars of the Week:
The site will slowly be getting back to our normal coverage, with about one to three posts a week for the next three weeks. Follow the site on twitter @steelersrule125 to get updates whenever a post is made.
The NFL Weekend Stars series will take a look at three offensive and three defensive stars from every week of the season and pre-season. It will also look at one dud from the previous week. I will be keeping track of who appears most on this list to help keep track of the players who made the biggest impacts in the NFL this year. This weeks stars can be seen after the jump.
- Quinton Coples is one of the elite defensive prospects in the 2012 draft. He combines a great rush on the outside with great run support and athleticism.
- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
- Height: 6’6″
- Weight: 255
- Class: Senior (for the 2011-2012 season)
NFL Player Comparison
- Carlos Dunlap: Like Dunlap, Coples is an undersized 4-3 DE with great speed and athleticism. He is probably going to be a better pass rusher than Dunlap in the future.
Follow the jump to see the rest of the Scouting Report.