I hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend. While I did not post anything over the weekend, I made a lot of progress on scouting the NFL Draft. I started writing a 3 round Mock Draft that will be out Wednesday. Along with that, I completed ranking the rest of the offensive side of the ball. I will start unrolling those posts over the next three days. Starting Friday, I will start working on the defensive side of the ball. Beginning next week, I will begin publishing player profiles.
This year’s TE class features one elite prospect and many, many more average to good prospects.
1. Dwayne Allen, Clemson – Allen is far and away the best TE in the class. I have him as a late first to early second round pick due to his combination of receiving and blocking abilities.
2. Coby Fleener, Stanford – Fleener is a dynamic TE who is better as a receiver than a blocker. He could also line up as a slot WR in the NFL.
3. Orson Charles, Georgia – Charles is a good TE prospect. His strength is as a blocker but he also has some receiving skills. He reminds me of Heath Miller.
4. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame – Eifert is a good prospect who is only a junior. I have not heard if he declared or not but if he did, he will be a third round pick.
5. Evan Rodriguez, Temple – Rodriguez is a versatile prospect who can also play some H-back. He is an average receiver who excels as a blocker.
After the jump see the rest of the rankings.